What is AMC 10?
American Mathematics Contest 10 (AMC 10) is the 2nd stage of the Math Olympiad Contest in the US after AMC 8. The contest is in multiple-choice format and aims to develop problem-solving abilities. The difficulty of the problems dynamically varies and is based on important mathematical principles. These contests have lasting educational value.
Who can appear for AMC10 2022 ?
Students in grade 10 or below and under 17.5 years of age on the day of the contest are eligible to participate in the AMC 10.
How can one appear for AMC 10 2022 from India?
Cheenta can help you register for American Mathematics Competition (AMC) 10, 2022. Interested Students can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch this to know why Indian Students should register for AMC.
AMC 10 Exam Format 2021
The format of the tests is multiple choice type. It is a 75-minute test with 25 questions. The exams are held on two dates under the names AMC 10A and 10B for AMC 10.
Is there any difference in the A and B (AMC10 A and AMC10 B) versions of the examinations?
Yes! There are some differences in the A and B versions. The differences are the competition dates and that each version has a distinct set of questions, although the two examinations are equal in difficulty level and distribution of topics.
Can a Student take both of the AMC 10A and AMC 10B?
A 10th grader or below can take both the AMC 10 A and the AMC 10 B. In that case, one has to order for both the competitions.
AMC 10 Exam Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for AMC 10 include:
- Elementary Algebra
- Basic Geometry Knowledge like Pythagorean Theorem, area and volume formulas
- Elementary Number Theory
- Elementary Probability
The syllabus for AMC 10 excludes:
- Advanced Algebra
- Advanced Geometry
The difficulty of the problem increases with the question numbers in the question paper.
Important dates for AMC10, 2022
For AMC 1OA:
- Early Bird Registration Date - 6 September, 2022 - 18 September, 2022
- Regular Registration Date - 19 September, 2022 - 26 October, 2022
- Late Registration Date - 27 October, 2022 - 3 November, 2022
- AMC 10A Competition Date - 10 November, 2022
For AMC 1OB:
- Early Bird Registration- 6 September, 2022 - 25 September, 2022
- Regular Registration Date - 26 September, 2022 - 2 November, 2022
- Late Registration Date - 3 November, 2022 - 9 November, 2022
- AMC 10B Competition Date- 16 November, 2022
Scoring system of the Examination
After the exam takes place in November, the MAA AMC office will begin emailing official scores and reports in early to mid-December. It takes roughly 3-4 weeks to finish reporting.
What after AMC 10?
The students with high scores in AMC 10, get an invitation to participate in the AIME (American Invitational Mathematics Examinations).
How to prepare for AMC 10, 2022
Resources to prepare for AMC 10: Curriculum at Cheenta
- Utilize your resources: Start your preparation with whatever resource you have. Get a clear idea of the concepts. Change your mindset about problem-solving and enjoy it.
- Go from basics to advance: Increase your level gradually by starting with small simple concepts and problems. This will maintain your confidence level and you will learn fast.
- Solve Past Papers: Solving questions from the previous year will let you understand the difficulty level of the examination and practice accordingly.
- Solve Similar Questions: Try to get some questions that are similar to the difficulty level of AMC 10 and practice them.
- Don't hesitate to solve Challenging Problems: As the competition gets tougher year by year. Try to solve questions that are of a higher level of the examination.
- Participate in Math Summer Camps: Participating in such Summer Camps gives you an edge over other competitors. These three-weeks summer camps help you to devote yourself to problem-solving 6-8 hours per day and provides you the right environment for your growth.
- Get a coach: A coach can see and analyze your performance and guide you in the best way possible. He/She can help you strengthen your weaknesses by letting you work in the right direction.
- Take Mock Tests: Take Mock Tests to check your ability to problem-solving. If it is an online test, then it can help you know your preparation status in the competition. You will be able to know where you stand and what should be improved.
- Track Your Progress: You should also track your progress. If something unimportant is stealing your time, recognize it and try to avoid it. Keep yourself surrounded by people who encourage you. Discuss your dreams and goals with them.
- Have Proper food and rest: It is the biggest myth that studying for long hours brings productivity at your work. There should be a routine with a proper work-rest balance and then you should ritually follow it.
All the best!