- About IIT JAM Mathematics
- IIT JAM Mathematics (MA) 2022: Important Details
- How to prepare for IIT JAM Mathematics Entrance 2021
About IIT JAM Mathematics
IIT JAM Mathematics (MA) is considered one of the most sought-after master’s level competitive exams after BSc./B.Tech. Students can get direct admission into IITs and into IISC (upon clearing the interview). The IISER’s also take IIT JAM rank into account so all in all, it is a pretty important entrance if you are interested in higher mathematics.
IIT JAM Mathematics (MA) 2022: Important Details
Eligibility for IIT JAM MA 2022
To apply for admission to the Mathematics program, a candidate is required to qualify in the Mathematics Test Paper and also satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Academic Programme.
The Eligibility Requirements for IIT JAM 2022 is given below:
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to the admitting institute’s policy.
Check out the official website of IIT JAM for the Application procedure, detailed Eligibility Requirements (ER) and Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ), application fee, etc: https://jam.iitr.ac.in/
Duration of the course
The duration of the M.Sc course for Mathematics course is 2 years.
- Online Application Opens: 30th August 2021
- Last Date for Online Registration: 11th October 2021
- Availability of JAM Admit Cards: 4th January 2022
- Date of Examination: 13th February 2022
- Announcement of the Results: 22nd March 2022
Admitting Institutes for IIT JAM Mathematics
Candidates can secure admission to the following colleges:
- Indian Institure of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- IIT Bhilai (IITBH)
- IIT Bhubaneswar (IITBBS)
- IIT Bombay (IITB)
- IIT Delhi (IITD)
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad (IITISM)
- IIT Gandhinagar (IITGN)
- IIT Guwahati (IITG)
- IIT Hyderabad (IITH)
- IIT Indore (IITI)
- IIT Jodhpur (IITJ)
- IIT Kanpur (IITK)
- IIT Kharagpur (IITKgp)
- IIT Madras (IITM)
- IIT Mandi (IITMandi)
- IIT Palakkad (IITPKD)
- IIT Patna (IITP)
- IIT Roorkee (IITR)
- IIT Ropar (IITRPR)
- IIT Tirupati (IITTP)
- IIT (BHU) Varanasi (IITBHU)
Cheenta is initiating an Open for All Math Camp for College Students and High School Passouts who really love Mathematics and want to pursue it for higher studies.
To get free resources for your IIT JAM Mathematics 2022 Preparation, Register here.
Exam Pattern for IIT JAM Mathematics 2022
The JAM 2022 Examination for all the seven Test Papers will be carried out as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. This is how the Exam pattern for IIT JAM Mathematics 2020 will look like:
|Section||Type of Questions||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|A||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||30||10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each|
|B||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||10||Two marks each|
|C||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||20||10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each|
The time duration of the Exam is 3 hours in total.
In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero marks. In Section-A (MCQ), the wrong answer will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer to one-mark questions, the one-third mark will be deducted and similarly, for each wrong answer to two-mark questions, a two-third mark will be deducted. In Section-B (MSQ), there are no negative and no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section-C (NAT) as well.
The syllabus for IIT JAM MA includes:
- Real Analysis
- Multivariable Calculus and Differential Equations
- Linear Agebra and Algebra
Click here to get the full syllabus:- https://jam.iitr.ac.in/assets/syllabi/MA_Syllabi.pdf
The Open for All Math Camp gives an opportunity to students to learn live from the experts for free.
Don't miss this opportunity! Register here for free.
How to prepare for IIT JAM Mathematics Entrance 2021
Books for IIT JAM Mathematics (MA) Entrance
Books for Linear Algebra
- Chapter 0 of Serge Lang’s Introduction Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Linear Algebra by Gilbert Strang
- Linear Algebra: A geometric Approach by S Kumaresan
- Linear Algebra by Hoffman & Kunze
- Algebra by Artin
- Topics in Algebra by Herstein
- Linear Algebra Done Right by Axler
Books for Abstract Algebra
- Contemporary Abstract Algebra by Gallian
- SAGE Math (computation software)
- Abstract Algebra by Dummit and Foote
Books for Real Analysis
- Introduction to Real Analysis by Bartle Sherbet
- Problems in Real Analysis by Kaczor
- A basic course in Real Analysis by Kumar & Kumaresan
- Analysis 1 & 2 by Terence Tao
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis by Rudin
Books for Vector Calculus and Differential Equation
- Calculus, Early Transcendentals by James Stewart
- Basic Multivariable Calculus by Marsden, Tromba, and Weinstein.
- Calculus Vol 1 and 2 by Apostle
- Calculus on Manifolds by Spivak
Preparation Tips for IIT JAM MA 2022
Go through the syllabus:-
Learning about the syllabus is an essential part of preparation. This helps to have a better understanding of the preparation strategy and what topics to focus on. It saves you time as well.
Work on your concept and solve different questions:-
Solve Previous Papers:-
This will help you know the exact difficulty level of the exam and prepare accordingly. Try to solve them in a time-bound manner. Check out some of the past year's problems available here.
Take Mock Tests:-
Take Mock Tests to check your ability of problem-solving. If it is an online test, then it can help you know your preparation status in the competition. You will be able to know where you stand and what should be improved.
Track your progress:-
You should also track your progress. If something unimportant is stealing your time, recognize it and try to avoid it. Keep yourself surrounded by people who encourage you. Discuss your dreams and goals with them.
Take proper rest and believe in yourself:-
It is the biggest myth that studying for long hours brings productivity to your work. There should be a routine with a proper work-rest balance and then you should ritually follow it. Also having low self-esteem can ruin your performance in exams.
150+ Students are already part of the Open for All Math Camp.
Why are you leaving behind? Register here for free.
Prepare for IIT JAM Mathematics (MA) with Cheenta
Cheenta offers a full-year program for college students, willing to crack the IIT JAM Mathematics 2022 Entrance Exam. The program includes classes on Pre-College Mathematics, Real Analysis, Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra & Vector Calculus. The classes for the full-year program includes:
- Two Group classes per week (conceptual and problem solving)
- Access to Cheenta Genius App
- Regular Quizzes and Assignments
- Access to the Doubt Clearing Group
Get a Trial Class now!