Math Kangaroo Competition is an International Mathematical Competition for kids of graded 1 to 12. It is also known as : "International Mathematical Kangaroo" or "Kangourou sans frontiÃ¨res" in French. This competition focus on the logical ability of the kids rather than their grip on learning Math formulas.
Some Interesting Facts on Math Kangaroo:
- In 1991, two French teachers (André Deledicq et Jean Pierre Boudine) decided to start the competition in France under the name "Kangaroo" to pay tribute to their Australian friend, Peter O'Halloran, who invented a new kind of game in Australian schools: a multiple-choice questionnaire, corrected by the computer.
- Over 92 countries are represented in the Math Kangaroo Competition.
- For the first time, India organized Mathematical Kangaroo from 2019 under the name of International Olympiad Academy.
How to Participate?
Three types of Registration are available for the students. These include:
- School Registration
- Individual Registration
- Online Class Registration
5th June 2021 - 13th June 2021
- Math Kangaroo is a multiple-choice test, where students registering through school will take a pen and paper-based tests and individual students might be offered the online mode of test.
- The paper contains 30 questions (except for Pre Ecolier and Ecolier papers, which has 24 questions) with 5 choices for each problem. The time allotted is 90 mins.
- 1 point is deducted for each incorrect answer, and no penalty for skipping a question.
- Students are not allowed to use a calculator during the Contest.
Prepare for Math Kangaroo with Cheenta. Know how?
Cheenta offers Advanced Mathematics Classes for various national and international competitions like the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO), American Mathematical Competitions (AMC), Singapore Mathematics Olympiad (SMO), Australian Mathematics Olympiad, etc and Entrance Exams by Indian Statistical Institute (B.Stat & B.Math), Chennai Mathematical Institute, TIFR, etc. The one-year program at Cheenta includes:
- Personalized One-on-One Classes
- Problem Solving Group Classes
- Access to Cheenta Genius Practice Software
- Regular Quizzes and Assignments
- Monthly Evaluation Tests