AMC 8 – 2019
One-on-One class for every brilliant student!
+ Group sessions for competitive edge + 24/7 doubt support
- Module 1: Logic and Sets for AMC 8
- One – on – One Session – 28th September 2019
- Group Session – 29th September 2019
- Two problems a day (graded homework for module 2)
- Evaluation Test 1 – Due by 4th October 11:59 PM CST
- Module 2: Counting and Probability for AMC 8
- One – on – One Session – 5th October 2019
- Group Session – 6th October 2019
- Two problems a day (graded homework for module 2)
- Evaluation Test 2 – Due by 11th October 11:59 PM CST
- Module 3: Statistics for AMC 8
- One – on – One Session – 12th October 2019
- Group Session – 13th October 2019
- Two problem a day (graded homework for module 3)
- Evaluation Test 3 – Due by 18th October 11:59 PM CST
- Module 4: Integers, Real numbers, and Operations for AMC 8
- One – on – One Session – 19th October 2019
- Group Session – 20th October 2019
- Two problems a day (graded homework for module 4)
- Evaluation Test 4 – Due by 4th October 11:59 PM CST
- Module 5: Geometry for AMC 8
- One – on – One Session – 26th October 2019
- Group Session – 27th October 2019
- Two problems a day (graded homework for module 5)
- Evaluation Test 5 – Due by 1st November 11:59 PM CST
- Module 6: Sequence and Series for AMC 8
- One – on – One Session – 2nd November 2019
- Group Session – 3rd November 2019
- Two problem a day (graded homework for module 6)
- Evaluation Test 6 – Due by 8th November 11:59 PM CST
- Final Review for AMC 8 – 9th November, 2019
AMC or American Mathematics Competitions (8,10, 12) are the first step toward International Math Olympiad in United States. AIME and USAMO are the next two steps. Outstanding students participate in this festival of mathematics every year to test their mettle.
Number theory, Geometry, Algebra, Combinatorics
Cheenta program is essentially problem-driven. That is we move from problems to concepts to build the necessary skills in students.
About our team
Cheenta is functioning since 2010 with outstanding school students who performed brilliantly in Math Olympiads around the world. Cheenta Team consists of Olympians and Researchers from leading universities in United States, India and the world. Learn more about our team.
Get started with trial week
School for the gifted
Research for school students
Advanced school students who are in Cheenta Olympiad Program, have the unique opportunity to participate in Research.
Students planning for Ivy League universities may use a research project to stand out.
Admission process: students of math olympiad program are automatically admitted.
Jayanta Majumdar, Glasgow, UK
"We contacted Cheenta because our son, Sambuddha (a.k.a. Sam), seemed to have something of a gift in mathematical/logical thinking, and his school curriculum math was way too easy and boring for him. We were overjoyed when Mr Ashani Dasgupta administered an admission test and accepted Sam as a one-to-one student at Cheenta. Ever since it has been an excellent experience and we have nothing but praise for Mr Dasgupta. His enthusiasm for mathematics is infectious, and admirable is the amount of energy and thought he puts into each lesson. He covers a wide range of mathematical topics, and every lesson is packed with insights and methods. We are extremely pleased with the difference he has been making. Under his tutelage Sam has secured several gold awards from the UK Mathematics Trust (UKMT) and Scottish Mathematical Council (SMC). Recently Sam received a book award from the UKMT and got invited to masterclass sessions also organised by the UKMT. Mr Dasgupta's tutoring was crucial for these achievements. We think Cheenta is rendering an excellent service to humanity by identifying young mathematical minds and nurturing them towards becoming inspired mathematicians of the future."
Shubhrangshu Das, Bangalore, India
"My son, Shuborno has been studying under Ashani from last one year. During this period, we have seen our son grow both intellectually and emotionally. His concepts and approach towards solving a problem has become more mature now. Not that he can solve each and every problem but he loves to think on the tough concepts. For this, all credit goes to Ashani, who is never in a hurry to solve a problem quickly. Rather he tries to slowly build the foundation of the students by discussing even minute concepts. His style of teaching is also unique combining different concepts and giving mathematics a more holistic approach. He is also very motivating and helpful. We are lucky that our son is under such good guidance. Rare to get such a dedicated teacher."
Murali Kadaveru, Virginia, USA
"“Our experience with Cheenta has been excellent. Even though my son started in Middle School, they understood his Math level and took personal interest in developing a long-term plan considering his strengths and weakness areas. Through out the semester courses they have nourished him with challenging problems and necessary homework. His guidance has helped my son to perform well at competitions including USAJMO and others. He has grown more confident in his math abilities over the past year and half and is hoping to do well in the future.
I am impressed with their quality and professionalism. We are very thankful to Cheenta and hope to benefit from them in the coming years. I would strongly recommend them to any student who wants to learn Math by doing challenging problems, specially if they are looking for Math than what their school can offer.”